- Is PECU membership only for Port workers?
No.Once a person is interested in becoming a member of the PECU, he / she can become a member.
- Are my funds insured at a credit union?
All funds deposited at credit unions are insured, so your finances are safe within the credit union.
- What are your business hours?
Our two branches are open from 8-2 Monday-Thursday and 8-3 on Fridays.
- How soon after joining can I get a loan?
All loans require the member to have at least six (6) months continuous savings membership before any other loan type can be accessed.
- Do I need to buy insurance to cover my loan?
You can get insurance for a loan by our credit union. Please ask for more information when applying for your loan.
- How much can I borrow?
This is determined on your shares and savings value and the type of loan you are seeking
- Do I get any interest on my savings?
All members are part-owners of the credit union and share in its success. Instead of interest being paid, the credit union can pay a dividend determined by the share balance.
- Can I have more than one savings or checking account?
You are limited to only one (1) share account and saving account but we do not offer checking facilities.
- Why do I need a shares account? I just wanted a loan.?
A Shares Account establishes your membership with the Credit Union. Once your savings account is opened, you may apply for any services or products that we have to offer.
- What is an AGM?
The Annual General Meeting is where members of the credit union have the chance to vote for the Directors and officers who will control the credit union on behalf of the membership. It is also an opportunity for members to discuss the development, growth and services of their credit union.
- How can I update my personal information?
All members can use our online form to update their information.
- Why use the PECU Mobile app?
The PECU Credit Union app saves time by allowing you to check your account balances and more. It is convenient and secure and is just like the internet banking you’ve grown accustomed to.
- Is the PECU Mobile app and online banking secure?
Your personal information is always secure. Just like our regular internet banking, data transmitted between our servers and your mobile device uses high-level security encryption.
- What is offered with PECU Credit Union online banking?
Our app allows you to manage transfers, balances, loan, statements, cheque request, letter applications, loan projections ad more.
- How do I sign up for e-banking?
Visit your nearest branch with your updated forms of identification and current email address.